Freitag, 10. August 2012

Planting model trees for a tabletop forest scenery

Experimenting with my digital camera I mentioned that I need more forest bases with trees on it to have a nice background. A few month ago I bought some more or less new pine model trees from second hand. Those have to be fixed with some sprayglue to stop loosing its needles. Afterwards I started to built some nice bases for the trees. I love to use foam that is layered with paper. It is easy to cut and it is not heavy. To make the base more interesting I tried to sculpt some details like rocks sunk in soil overgrown with vegetation. The rocks are made out of green styrodur. The whole base is coated with a mixture of filler, pva, sand & pepples.  Next steps are to put in some details from my bits boxes and paint them nice. The model trees on my selfmade forest bases belong to the Warmachine terrain I am workin on in the last weeks. So far!

Deutsch: Habe gerade mal wieder mit meiner Kamera experimentiert und festgestellt, dass mehr Bäume bzw. Wälder im Hintergrund unabdingbar sind. Deshalb habe ich schnell mal ein paar alte und etwas ramponierte Modellbäumchen auf Bases gesetzt. Die Bäume mussten noch mit Sprühkleber und zusätzlichem Streu ausgebessert werden. 
Die Bases sind aus doppelseitig mit Papier beschichtetem Schaumstoff und werden mit dem Cutter ausgeschnitten. Mit Leim, Spachtelmasse, Styrodur und Kieseln wurde eine interessante Oberfläche geschaffen und versiegelt. Jetzt fehlen noch Details und eine angemessene Bemalung. 
Das Ganze soll zu meinem Warmachine Gelände passen.

Beste Grüße & all the best!
Lenny

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen